Organisation of studies from Thursday 11 March to Sunday 2 May
[Information updated on Thursday 1st April]
Distance learning period for all Primary and Secondary classes from Thursday 11 March and at least until the end of Spring break on Sunday 2 May. Nursery groups remain open during this period.
UPDATE: The Estonian Government has announced on Thursday 1st April that the restrictions in force in Estonia since Thursday 11 March would last at least until Sunday 25 April. Read more HERE.
In accordance with the latest restrictions announced by the Estonian Government on Monday 8 March and coming into force in Estonia from Thursday 11 March (read HERE), please note the following information regarding the organisation of studies at Tallinn European School starting from that day:
- The school building remains open to all members of staff with the condition to ensure social distancing, wearing a mask and following the rules of hygiene put in place with the COVID-19 prevention plan.
- All Primary and Secondary classes are in a full distance learning organisation.
- All Nursery groups remain open at school. During this period of additional restrictions, we kindly ask parents to bring their children to the Nursery only in case of absolute necessity.
- The school building is closed for all Extracurricular activities and team sports. When possible, activities can take place online.
- A virtual Aftercare will be arranged for Primary pupils, the details for the registration will be communicated separately.
- Pupils in Primary and Secondary can be exceptionally allowed at school in the following cases:
- individual consultations for exams, tests or for catch-up;
- individual sessions with pupils who have special educational needs.
All parents of pupils concerned will be contacted separately by the support team.
- Parents and Secondary pupils can come to school to pick up personal items every school day between 16:30-17:30.
Organisation in Nursery
NB! Children with any signs of illness will not be admitted to the school.
Parents are not allowed inside the school building during this period.
- The school remains open for Nursery pupils from Thursday 11 March to Thursday 15 April from 8:30 until 17:30.
- Catering: parents need to make contact with the caterer in case their child is not attending the school.
- Arrival and Departure:
- School gates are open from 8:30-8:45 and from 15:30-17:30.
- Parents access the school grounds from the main gate of the school and bring their children to the door towards the playground where the assistants will be waiting for arriving pupils and will bring the pupils to the classrooms.
- At the end of the school day, between 15:30 and 16:00 parents come to pick up their child at the gate to the playground. NB! Children in Aftercare can be picked up in the same place until 17:30.
- Aftercare will be open for pupils registered from 16:00 until 17:30.
- All groups will have activities outside on the playground. Please make sure that your child is dressed according to the weather.
- Specific hygiene rules are followed daily (handwashing, disinfecting of surfaces and toys).
Organisation in Primary – General instructions for Distance Learning
- The normal timetable must be followed: online lessons can be scheduled only according to the timetable.
- All subject lessons take place according to the timetable.
- The Class Teacher Time (CTT) is divided into three calls:
- an opening call at the beginning of the day;
- an ending call at the end of the day;
- at least one 45 minutes scheduled lesson during the day.
- Other online lessons should not be longer than 20 minutes, the time during which pupils are fully concentrated. The remaining time is given to the pupils for completing individual tasks.
- In addition, teachers are available for individual consultations during lesson times.
- For European Hours, Music, Art and PE lessons, clear and short instructions for activities are given at the beginning of the lessons and the pupils continue individually or in groups. Wrapping-up the learning is arranged according to the teacher’s instructions.
- All the pupils follow the General rules for Distance Learning.