Pupil's Welfare

Galina Ranniku, galina.ranniku@est.edu.ee / +372 6313 083

The school nurse works with all pupils, teachers and parents to promote good health and wellbeing.

At Tallinn European School, the nurse:

  • screens for health problems;
  • consults and educates school regarding health & safety issues (prevention, intervention);
  • helps to manage children with chronic medical conditions;
  • provides first aid.

According to the Estonian legislation, the school nurse is appointed to a school by the foundation School Healthcare (SA Koolitervishoid). The school nurse follows their regulations (please see the information in Estonian: http://www.kth.ee/userfiles/voldik2016.pdf).

The nurse is at school Monday – Friday from 8.30 – 14.00.

Kerttu Randmaa, kerttu.randmaa@est.edu.ee

The main role of the school psychologist is to support the development of all the pupils. In order for the pupils to succeed academically, socially, behaviourally, and emotionally, the school psychologist works closely with parents, pupils, as well as with the teachers.

If you are a parent, you can turn to the school psychologist when:

  • something in your child’s behaviour or learning has changed and you start to feel worried;
  • you are concerned about the emotional wellbeing of your child; your child is often sad, angry or withdrawn;
  • you have noticed that your child is not managing socially and has difficulty making friends;
  • you have cooperated with teachers but still the problems persist and you want to find a solution;
  • you have difficulties managing your child at home or you feel you want to have a better relationship with your child.

If you are a pupil, you can turn to the school psychologist when:

  • you are often sad, angry or somehow you do not feel well and want to share this with someone;
  • you feel that you do not manage with your everyday studies and duties anymore;
  • you are worried about yourself or someone else;
  • you are often having conflicts with others or you have a difficult time finding friends;
  • you are confused about something and just want to talk to someone and hear a second opinion.

Support Coordinator: Mari Peets, mari.peets@est.edu.ee

The main role of the support teachers is to provide help for children who experience difficulties with organisational skills and in basic areas of learning like reading, spelling and mathematics. The Support Teachers work closely with parents and other teachers to support the progress of each child. Support forms will be decided on a case by case basis.

If you are a parent or a pupil, you can turn to the Support Teacher when:

  • you are concerned about your (child’s) progress in learning;
  • you have noticed your (child’s) persistent difficulties in organizing yourself (himself/herself), difficulties in acquiring new material, difficulties in reading and writing, difficulties in mathematics;
  • you have cooperated, consulted with teachers but the problems persist;
  • you just want to talk to someone and hear a second opinion about your (child’s) learning.

Mari Peets is the school Support Coordinator. The main role of the Support Coordinator is to organise and coordinate the educational support policy in Tallinn European School from Primary 1 up to Secondary 7.  The Support Coordinator is the contact point for parents, pupils and staff in informing them of pupils’ educational needs.

The Support Coordinator is at school Monday – Friday from 8.30 – 16.00.

We have received your application. Thank you!